Re: [TowerTalk] MCL-100 limit switches

To: "Mike" <>, <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] MCL-100 limit switches
From: "Ed Magnuson" <>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2011 14:25:18 -0500
Thanks for the great tips, Dan, Mike and Jim. I'm sure I can run one of
those switches down now with this info. May start with Grainger. Will check
out Allen-Bradley switches, too. And Dan, if you have a photo in hand of the
upper limit switch installation on your tower, please email it to me

It could be that only the pivot arm is out of place. The electrician and I
had trouble seeing how it should be positioned and what it catches on to
trigger it. A close-up pix could really help.

I had realigned the lower limit switch to get it working after a tilt-over
of the tower. But I have a bum leg and cannot climb ladders or towers any
more to inspect that top one, even though it is less than 20-ft off ground
when the tower is retracted.

OK, thanks guys. This project may wait until Spring when it stops snowing
and blowing cold at my country shack along the NY-MA border. So no rush. Hi.

73, Ed W1MAG