[TowerTalk] Fw: Tower Problems

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fw: Tower Problems
From: "Sam Andrews" <>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2011 09:57:22 -0600
Is it possible that an above-grade structure could support your tower?

Consider gathering up your tower specifications, antenna load data, any
available engineering data from the tower manufacturer, manufacturer's
technical contact information, your below-grade structural design, and
anything else pertinent.  Visit a local structural engineer and ask if he
can do a preliminary feasibility analysis for an above-grade structure, and
provide a proposal for a full design if one is feasible.  Would probably
cost you a few hours of his labor at most for the preliminary look.

Judicious use of engineering talent can be a money saver!

73, Sam  AE5L