Re: [TowerTalk] Home brew radial ring question

To: "" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Home brew radial ring question
From: Al Kozakiewicz <>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 16:58:33 -0500
Just remember that solder does not survive contact with soil for very long.

AM towers are connected to their radial fields in a similar manner. The ground
ring is typically buried. But connections are brazed, not soldered.

#14 radial wire and solder. also a #6 insulated stranded copper wire to the
UNUN will be a more efficient ground system. I was thinking of installing
3/4 tees @ 180 degrees apart with copper pipe legs about 18 inches and smash
the end so i can tap the ring in the gound so it will be securely in place
and will not move. It sure will save money and my assesment is it will be a
more direct system. All copper to the unun. By the way the antenna is a zero
five 43' vertical. I will say the construction is heavier duty than my
mosely or anything ive seen from an antenna company. This guy tom makes on
heck of an antenna.