Re: [TowerTalk] ground radial project

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] ground radial project
From: Steve Hunt <>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 10:43:37 +0000
Rudy Severn's work showed that for a given total length of copper, more
short radials - as opposed to fewer long ones - was the better option.
He also found some supporting evidence for the old "Ham lore" that
radials don't need to be longer than the vertical is high.

Don't forget that a 43ft vertical represents completely different
electrical lengths on different bands; on bands where the feedpoint
impedance is relatively high, the ground system will be less important.

Steve G3TXQ