Re: [TowerTalk] Ground Radial Project

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ground Radial Project
From: Kinney John-R17512 <R17512@freescale.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 22:28:34 +0000

Hi Tony,

If you would like to do some reading about this subject, you can go to
www.antennasbyn6lf.com.  Rudy has conducted several experiments on the length
of radials verses the number of radials verses elevated radials verses buried
radials verses length of vertical etc, etc.  Lots of information with charts
and graphs.  It is not meant to be the story to end all stories, but it gives
the reader plenty of information for starting their own experiments.  The
article I read was in QST sometime last year, maybe March or April....  I
decided to try 32 radials, 33 feet long, buried (laying on the ground), under a
5 band trapped vertical.  Seems to work great for me.  I may try more radials
in the future to see what happens.

Have you considered selling off some of that wire????

Whatever you do, have fun doing it...

John Kinney
KA7CVJ

Message: 1