[TowerTalk] Using CATV splitters at HF

Subject: [TowerTalk] Using CATV splitters at HF
From: Pete Smith <>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 17:17:56 -0500
Has anyone ever measured what happens to insertion loss and isolation
with a modern 6-way TV splitter on 160meters?  I am still working on the
problem of putting 6 paralleled BPFs at the input of my QS1R, and have
been steered this way by another RBN user.  These splitters seem to be
typically rated for 25 dB isolation and 3.3 dB insertion loss down to 5
MHz, so the question is what happens below that threshold.

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at
The Reverse Beacon Network at, blog at,
spots at, port 7000