Re: [TowerTalk] Close call with death

To: TowerTalk <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Close call with death
From: Pete Smith <>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 07:31:07 -0500
Too true.  a brief story.

A few years ago we needed to put in a new well, and the backhoe operator
digging the trench for the pipe and power to the well "found" the 220
feed to our garage about a foot down.  "No problem", he said, "The
backhoe is grounded so all that happens is it trips the breaker."  He
might not be quite so blase' if it was 15KV!  Unfortunately, "Miss
Utility" won't mark privately-owned lines here, and our power, phone,
TV, etc. are above-ground.

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at
The Reverse Beacon Network at, blog at,
spots at, port 7000