Re: [TowerTalk] AllRFCables.com?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] AllRFCables.com?
From: Roger <roger@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 22:13:06 -0500
On 1/16/2011 8:36 PM, Alan NV8A wrote:
> Anyone bought from AllRFCables.com? They are advertising "similar to
> LMR600" cable marked "RFC600" for what seems like a good price -- if
> it's good quality.

At 95 cents per foot or 78 cents per foot in 500 foot lots the price is
good with LMR-600 now running about $1.40 to $1.50 a foot. YMMV
depending on vendors.

HOWEVER it's the "equivalent" statement that should add a note of
caution.  The stuff may be every bit as good as LMR-600 and it may not.
IT may stand up as well, better, or no where near a long as Times Wire
LMR cables.  Untill some one knowledgeable tests it out and it's been
used widely (or it's made to spec by a known manufacturer) the quality
remains a question.

To me the LMR cables are great.  The LMR - UF cables are not.  I've had
good luck with the former and very poor with the latter.  Not only did I
have jackets split, I had them develop pin holes in areas that were not
subjected to any abrading or external contact.  The jackets in question
were just coming down the side of a mast exposed to the elements.

Possibly some one on here is familiar with that cable and who makes it.

73

Roger (K8RI)