Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Paint

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Paint
From: Pete Smith <>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 08:04:18 -0500
There's a lot in the archive on this.  I used a pressure washer to
remove the old loose paint, then a primer specially formulated for
galvanized metal, followed by good quality latex house paint.  After 15
years, aside from a little wear on the tower rungs from climbing, it
looks essentially like it did the day I painted it.

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at
The Reverse Beacon Network at, blog at,
spots at, port 7000