Re: [TowerTalk] HDx89MDPL winch motor stopped eorking

To: Robert Harmon <k6uj@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HDx89MDPL winch motor stopped eorking
From: Dick Dievendorff <dieven@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 10:50:55 -0800
What I have heard so far is:

1) I can get the tower down by removing the safety guard and the v belt and
turn the wheel by hand. It will take a long time to do this. Down is much
easier than up. Be careful. Take rests. Halfway down gives me a lot of
strength.

2) US Towers sells a crank. It takes a long time. I plan to call them on
Tuesday fir suggestions.

3) this doesn't sound like a motor capacitor failure, which would be noisier.
There are a couple of socketed timing relays that I should try swapping

I'm away until Wednesday morning, and I'll start on this then. I'll let you all
know what I learn.

73 de Dick, K6KR