Re: [TowerTalk] 80m dipole with open-sleeve parasitic

To: richard@karlquist.com, knormoyle@surfnetusa.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80m dipole with open-sleeve parasitic
From: "knormoyle@surfnetusa.com" <knormoyle@surfnetusa.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 12:36:03 -0800
Hi, thanks for the comment

In the antenna I described, the antenna is ordinary wire, and the feed is
ordinary coax.
I'm planning on RG-6 actually (copper shield).

The antenna I described doesn't have anything to do with bazooka designs? It's
just a dipole with a coupled parasitic.

If you're saying a single wire with LC match can have same bandwidth and lower
loss, I guess I find that hard to believe?

Am I missing a loss calculation in open sleeve designs?

-kevin
ad6z