Re: [TowerTalk] 80m dipole with open-sleeve parasitic

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80m dipole with open-sleeve parasitic
From: "" <>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 14:12:30 -0800
okay Rick, thanks for the clarification.
I guess what I'm thinking is that there is no single LC match, even with two
wires that gives equivalent bandwidth.

Things that I'm ruling out: switching the LC values for different frequencies.
Spreading the wire ends of the two wires up to 3 feet or more (I think that's

So while what you say sounds right, I don't think there's a pratical, single LC
value, 80m, antenna that's equal.
If there is, I'd like to hear the exact dimensions so I can create a NEC

Again I'm ruling out very wide cage dipoles.

And when we talk about loss comparisons, just because loss numbers might be
greater, that's not necessarily bad.
It's all about magnitude of loss. So I'd really like to model any proposal that
works better.

I don't know of one (if there's a link somewhere I should look at, I'd like to
see it? I have the ARRL Antenna
Book and believe I've absorbed most of the relevant info in it? If not, a