Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: current balance in ladder line?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: current balance in ladder line?
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 08:54:15 +0000
For me, distortion of the radiation pattern of a simple dipole or loop
is the very least problem that CM currents can cause.

Much more significant is the potential for RFI, and increased noise
levels on Rx, because the feedline has become an active element of the
antenna system. It's usually easy to spot if you have the RFI problem;
but the Rx noise problem is more difficult to identify, and many folk
are unaware that they could potentially lower their noise levels by
addressing the CM issue.

73,
Steve G3TXQ