[TowerTalk] vertical antenna question

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] vertical antenna question
From: "K2VI" <k2vi@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 18:42:09 -0500
I finally put the antenna up. Set up the radial plate and ran 85' of davis bury
flex to the shack. The swr on 80 meters is 6.0:1 and on 40 meters it is 2.4:1.
Making a contact on 80 1300 miles away my dipole fed with ladder line 50'
inverted vee did 1.5-2 S units stronger than the vertical. Now if a had a full
compiment of 60 radials would this bring up the signal with that distant
contact? Just want to make sure the radials will help also help the SWR on 80.
With my tuner i can easily tune down to 1:1.1. thanks for any help.

tony k2vi