Re: [TowerTalk] compression PL259

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] compression PL259
From: Ian White GM3SEK <>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 17:40:00 +0000
Paul Christensen wrote:
>> It's simply a much cleverer design. Accept no substitutes. Salesman does
>> not receive commission.
>Trouble is -- those of us on this side of the water, for one reason or
>another, will have difficulty in purchasing those European compression
>connectors.  Absent a North American distributor, we may have to settle for
>"second best."  If you have a source for an easy, painless purchase, please
>pass along the vendor information.

The design originated with a British company called Greenpar, which was
bought by MA/COM, which in turn is now part of the Tyco empire.

Other manufacturing licences may have been granted (eg to the Multicomp
subsidiary of Farnell/Newark) but I'm pretty sure that the ownership of
the design is now on your side of the Atlantic.

73 from Ian GM3SEK