Re: [TowerTalk] compression PL259

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] compression PL259
From: Ian White GM3SEK <>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 18:36:06 +0000
Paul Christensen wrote:
>We may be getting closer to finding "the real deal."  Looks like
>Farnell/Newark may have them in stock for U.S. orders:
>Does the datasheet/drawing below appear as the connector you're
>referring to?
The drawing seems correct but the photograph shows the variant with a
slimmer body for RG58.

I will add one to the Farnell order planned for Monday (can always use
another '259) so will confirm for sure by Tuesday.

The RG58 variant is here:  <>  and the
photograph is correct. The drawing recommends that the braid is fanned
out, maybe to improve the anchoring of this thinner cable) but I haven't
found it to be at all critical. - the cable is very firmly clamped.

>If so, plenty in stock at about USD $6.00 ea.  However, ships from the
>U.K. + USD $20.00 handling fee per order.  Not exactly a great deal for
>us, but at least we can find them and order in bulk to help offset the
>S&H fees.
Whatever you need will be over here with Farnell; whatever we need will
be over there with Newark. There's a law at work here... and we know
exactly whose.

73 from Ian GM3SEK