Re: [TowerTalk] Triex W51

To: "'Mickey Baker'" <fishflorida@gmail.com>, "'Lee Buller'" <k0wa@swbell.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Triex W51
From: "Rex Lint" <rex@lint.mv.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 13:30:47 -0500
Lee,

Check for broken welds of the bracing.

      -Rex-

     K1HI
       Rex Lint
       Merrimack, NH
       WWW.QRZ.COM/db/k1hi

-----Original Message-----
From: towertalk-bounces@contesting.com
[mailto:towertalk-bounces@contesting.com] On Behalf Of Mickey Baker
Sent: Friday, February 04, 2011 10:13 AM
To: Lee Buller
Cc: TowerTalk Reflector

If it is good shape, meets your load requirements and you don't need an
engineering effort to get permission to put it up, go for it!

The top section is the weakest like - don't overload it with antenna or wind
and lower the antenna in a wind storm if you have any doubt. You should
enjoy it for many years.

Have fun!

Mickey N4MB

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 9:02 AM, Lee Buller <k0wa@swbell.net> wrote:

> I have a chance to pick up a W-51 Triex tower in pretty good shape.  I
> wonder if
> anyone has any thoughts...warnings...caveats...or musings about this
tower.
> This is my first crank-up tower....but hardly my first tower.
>
> Lee
> K0WA
> http://home.swbell.net/k0wa
>

>  In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short supply.  If you
> don't
> have any Common Sense - get some Common Sense and use it.  If you can't
> find any
> Common Sense, ask for help from somebody who has some Common Sense.  Is
> Common
> Sense divine?
>
> Common Sense is the image of the Creator expressing revealed truth in my
> mind.
> -  John W. (Kansas)

Mickey Baker
Fort Lauderdale, FL
?Tell me, and I will listen. Show me, and I will understand. Involve me, and
I will learn.? Teton Lakota, American Indian Saying.