Re: [TowerTalk] Non-Guyed Support for 80m Horizontal Loop at 35 feet

To: <jdolson@laconic-designs.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Non-Guyed Support for 80m Horizontal Loop at 35 feet
From: "Gene Smar" <ersmar@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2011 19:26:16 -0500
Jim:

     I'd bypass all other options and go for the phone poles right off the
bat.  Just be sure they're in the ground deep enough to begin with: minimum
five feet depth plus one foot for every ten above ground.  So if you wanted
your pole tops at 35 feet, the total pole length would have to be 35 + 5 +
3.5 = 43.5 feet.  Go for it.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F