Re: [TowerTalk] Any hams in the ft lauderdale area?

To: Jim in Waco WB5OXQ <wb5oxq@grandecom.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Any hams in the ft lauderdale area?
From: Mickey Baker <fishflorida@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2011 23:14:13 -0500
Davie, Cooper City, unincorporated Broward, Parkland (non restricted
communities), the City of Fort Lauderdale has a good ham ordinances. There
are good size towers in Oakland Park and Lauderdale lakes as well. The trick
is to stay away from homes where there are CCR's or a powerful home owners
association.

Decide what you want to spend on a house and the specific neighborhood where
you'd like to live and you will be able to find something to meet your
needs.

I live in Fort Lauderdale and fully expect to be able to put up a
telescoping tower. I've been through zoning approval, just awaiting
documents from a PE.

Mickey N4MB

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 11:00 PM, Jim in Waco WB5OXQ <wb5oxq@grandecom.net>wrote:

> Our son who lives in the ft Lauderdale area wants us to retire and move to
> the area with him.  I am concerned that this is not a ham friendly area.
>  Any hams in the south Florida area that can tell me where if any can a ham
> retire and have a modest antenna farm?  right now we live in Waco tax in our
> home on a 1/3 acre lot and I have 2 50' towers adjacent to my home and
> several inverted v's.
> Jim and Ella Miller  wb5oxq and ka5epm.

Mickey Baker
Fort Lauderdale, FL
“Tell me, and I will listen. Show me, and I will understand. Involve me, and
I will learn.” Teton Lakota, American Indian Saying.