[TowerTalk] [antenneX] An amazing L/C meter

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] [antenneX] An amazing L/C meter
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 14:31:17 EST
Howdy, TowerTalkians --

    FYI.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC

>  The L/C IIB Meter - Over 10,000 sold!

Frequently, our  antenna discussion forum discusses issues about
inductance, capacitance or  other component measurements. This is just
a reminder of an affordable and  incredible piece of equipment we have
had available here for many years and  highly recommend.

Quit guessing at the values of your collection of  capacitors and
inductors. Find out about the capacity of those coils and  baluns.
Check those antenna base mounts and feedlines. Without exact  values,
turning on the power and waiting for things to work, or something  to
go bang, is a nerve-wracking luck of the draw!  Reduce the chance  of
sparks or explosions with those antenna system connections by  having
the confidence of knowing how much true value that component is  rated
for!

How many times have you looked for capacitors and inductors  in that
junk box and hoped what is found would be the correct value for  that
project? Do those components have the values on them printed in  some
unknown language or cryptographic symbols? And how many are without  a
clue to be found as to the value on the wrapping, packing, or  anywhere
on the part itself? Sound familiar?

Well, never again will  you worry about those values. The L/C Meter IIB
is a very precise measuring  device that is a must for your
antenna/radio projects that will eliminate the  guesswork and minimize
the change of electronic failures - and at an  affordable price in
choice of assembled unit or Kit form!

antenneX has  tested this device and not only do we use it in our own
projects, we are  pleased to have added this product to our selected
list of equipment we  recommend. Customer feedback has been all
excellent!

Here's the ad  page with list of  info:
http://www.antennex.com/Sshack/aade/aade_ad.html

Here's the  antenneX product review  article:
http://www.antennex.com/preview/Folder04/Oct501/lcmeter.html

Some  things you can do:
* Measure inter-winding capacitance of RF transformers  or
multi-conductor coils
* Measure the total antenna and feedline capacity  to ground on
vehicles or other mounting surfaces as an aid in tuning or  matching of
HF antennas
* Measure coaxial cable capacity between the  conductors of the cable
for trap construction
* Measure commercial HF  mobile antenna coil values for future repair
or replacement with homemade  high power coils
* Determine the capacity value of a top hat capacitive  loaded antenna
to ground for tuning information
* Determine the capacitive  coupling between RF carrying conductors to
help correct feedback problems in  receivers or transmitters
* Determine inductor values for homebrew projects  and homemade
capacitors for loop antennas or other antenna projects when  the
correct parts cannot be found
*Measure inner electrode coupling of RF  connectors to determine amount
of loss caused by the connector
*Specialty  component matching may be done with the Ready match % mode
for either coils  or capacitors such as those used in building filters.

.....You are  limited only by your  imagination!

For  lots of other good things like books, software, etc., and more
than 100  products:
http://www.antennex.com/shopping.htm

Thanks for your time  & hope to see you soon!
----
All the best intentions,
Rosie, List  Manager

antenneX now in 214 countries