Re: [TowerTalk] book Tribander comparison test

To: towertalk@contesting.com, rkourey@carolina.rr.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] book Tribander comparison test
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 12:29:34 EST

In a message dated 2/24/2011 5:39:10 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,

>  I would echo Chris' suggestion and perhaps add the  Optibeam 16-5 and
the
SteppIR 4-element to your updated list of beam  antennas to test and rate
in
your HF TRIBANDER PERFORMANCE - TEST METHODS  & RESULTS .  It was a great
review article that I wish could be  updated with new antenna models.

    Well, I'm with you on that one. Unfortunately the  cost for the
antennas and the time needed to assemble them, conduct the tests  and then
write
them up takes more commitment than we have now.

    OTOH ANYONE can take our protocol and run  additional tests that will
meld right in with what's already been done. Any  volunteers?

    As far as the SteppIR, it's a monobander for all  practical purposes.
Fluid Motion has published gain figures using our protocol  so their results
can be compared directly with ours. The same with Force 12  net gain
figures.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH