Re: [TowerTalk] 40m monbander and multibander stack question...

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 40m monbander and multibander stack question...
From: Mike Fatchett W0MU <>
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2011 07:21:45 -0700
Usually people put the 40 above the tribanders because you want the
added height.

Which Trylon T-500 do you have?  The T-500 64ft is actually 8 ft shorter
than claimed because of the 1 foot overlap of the tower legs.  This from
Trylon:  Tower height shown is nominal. Actual tower height is achieved
using the support pipe supplied with the tower.

58 ft is pretty low for a 40m antenna.  I just checked the advertised
specs and the Cushcraft XM240 claimed gain is 6dbi while the M2 is 7.5
but weighs nearly 100 pounds more.  Other than bandwidth I am not sure
what you are getting with the M2.  If you convert the XM240 into a Moxon
you can even improve the performance.

I would probably not put the M2 on top either.  I have a T500-64 and
there is quite a bit of give and flex at the top.

With linear loaded elements you are probably safe from major interaction

Good luck with your project.