[TowerTalk] Orion point-and-shoot

To: "''" <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Orion point-and-shoot
From: "Zivney, Terry L." <>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 10:13:37 -0500
I still have an M2 Orion  box for my prop-pitch rotor; used a different Orion
box for my Orion rotor.
Generally, I am happy with the  12 programmable presets; covers 99% of my
contesting needs.
The Orion interfaces nicely with most modern logging programs.  So, you can
directly from
the keyboard go to any odd direction your little-old heart desires.

Years ago I wrote a tiny pop-up program for MS-DOS computers that  did that,
too.  Through
the serial port, ramp up and ramp down are available, too, just like in the

If you feel the need for a knob, you could fairly easily use a PIC with a
simple RS232 port
and a potentiometer (or a more modern rotary encoder, if you wish) for the
feel of the competition's box.

Terry Zivney, N4TZ/9