Re: [TowerTalk] OR-2800PX Point and Shoot?

To: <k2qmf@juno.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] OR-2800PX Point and Shoot?
From: "Jim Hargrave" <w5ifp@gvtc.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 14:44:24 -0600
Ted,

There are several good Logging programs that will provide what you are
looking for through software.

I use Logger32. It has a sizeable Tracking map (Great Circle) that displays
the
rotor position and DX Spots. All you need to do is point and Click on the
mouse
to rotate the antenna to desired Location. Left click for Short path or
Right
click for Long path.

Once a call is entered, it automagically computes and displays SP/LP
degrees.
CTRL+A rotates to short path and ALT+A rotates to Long path.
You never need to touch the controller.

Logger32 among others support the M2 rotor.

I use a Rotor-EZ module in my Prop Pitch controller.
It has the point-n-shoot pot, but I rarely use it. Software is easier.

    73s de Jim
       W5IFP