Re: [TowerTalk] M2 control

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] M2 control
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 18:29:52 -0500
Hi Les et al,

First, Many Thanks for your response regarding the point and shoot issue.

I am using Writelog and I have my OR-2800 rotor setup to go to the DX
stations heading that I am working.  It uses the existing RS-232 port on
the rotor controller. It works great!! I am very happy with it.

I was just looking for a simple mod to add a "Point and Shoot" pot
to the controller to use when I am not running Writelog, similar to the
Green Heron controller!

It looks like it would be involved and expensive to accomplish this mod.
And it is not worth $600.00 to me to buy a new GH controller. It is not
important, just a nice feature to have...

See ya soon,
Ted  K2QMF

On Fri, 04 Mar 2011 16:47:37 -0500 Les Kalmus <> writes:
>   Hi Ted,
> I have been reading the mail about your wanting to control your
> Orion by
> point and shoot.
> It occurred to me you might want to look at a little program called
> rotor control that comes free with N1MM.
> It has 10 or 12 presets that you make up and it remembers and one
> click
> on one preset turns the rotor there.
> You can also enter a heading directly in a little box and click and
> the
> rotor goes there.
> If you use it with N1MM it's even more flexible.
> I used this program for a while before I switched over to DXLAB
> which
> does the same thing except for non-contest use.
> You need to download N1MM and install it to get the rotor program
> but if
> you don't want to do that, I think I can send you a copy of just
> this
> program alone.
> Let me know.
> 73, Les
Groupon&#8482 Official Site
1 ridiculously huge coupon a day. Get 50-90% off your city&#39;s best!