Re: [TowerTalk] Help with small lot]

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Help with small lot]
From: "Tony Brock-Fisher" <barockteer@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 18:33:08 -0400
I had a similar situation, and hired a PE to come up with a solution, which was:

78' Rohn 45, guyed in three directions. Although Rohn only specs two sets of
guy wires in each direction, we went with three for safety margin. Guys are at
22, 44, and 66 foot levels. Two sets of guy wires are at the standard Rohn
schedule, with the anchors 56' from the base. Due to available footprint
limitations, the third guy anchor is only 30' from the base. This set of guys
is also up-sized from 1/4" EHS to 5/16" EHS. The other two are 1/4"EHS.

So with the help of a PE it is possible to come up with a modification of the
Rohn plans which fits a smaller available area.

-Tony, K1KP