Re: [TowerTalk] Soldering Radials?

To: "Wes Attaway (N5WA)" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Soldering Radials?
From: F5vjc <>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 20:52:01 +0100
Well many thanks to all for advice on this subject.

Opinion seems to be divided as to whether normal soldering is good for
this outdoor application.

As I don't have the required tools for brazing/silver soldering I
think I will just solder my radials to the copper ring using normal
60/40 solder.

I do understand the connections must be weatherproofed when using this method.

I will weatherproof after soldering to preserve the integrity of the
connections using a UK product called Waxoil (thanks for this
suggestion) I have some of this to hand and know it's excellent
properties. It is also easy to remove should I wish to add more
radials later.

So again thanks to all for advice and suggestions.

73 Deni,