Re: [TowerTalk] soldering radials (or any outdoor connection)

To: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] soldering radials (or any outdoor connection)
From: Bill Aycock <baycock2@centurytel.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 12:21:33 -0500
David--
Your last sentence here is true, but has nothing to do with degradation
of wire joints. Lead is forbidden in water pipes because it tends to
leach into the water, and is a poison. Lead particularly causes brain
damage in developing children. That's why lead is also forbidden in paint.
The response of lead solder is a wide-range variable, and is affected by
soil and air conditions, so there will be wide differences in experience
on its durability.
Bill--W4BSG