[TowerTalk] Spring antenna project; replace vertical dipole

Subject: [TowerTalk] Spring antenna project; replace vertical dipole
From: Rip R <>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 20:31:07 -0600
I am a new subsriber to this list, but I have read most of the
relative threads back for the past 8 months or so. After reading
Jim Brown's K9YC articles, I am more convinced that ever that
I can do better than my Force 12 40XK vertical dipole. My challenge
is a small back yard, but behind my yard is a farmers' canal and
some tall cottonwood trees.

So, at this point in time, I am considering the following:
A. Fan dipole (maybe 30 to 40 feet high
B. Inverted vee with center about 40 feet
C. Aluminum tower (no higher than 32 feet) with small tribander
D. Hexbeam on a monopole

If you have opinionsor experiences, I would appreciate hearing
them either on this list or directly (off list). Thanks....73s
P.S. The Force 12 vertical dipole has been good for my needs
but I would like to imporve my station while I have the chance.
Rip   W7RIP   Bozeman, Montana

The tower approach is questionable; the HOA does not preclude antennas per
since my verical dipole has been up for several years. I think that a small
will not be an issue.

Jim - I got a lot out of your articles on baluns..Thanks