Re: [TowerTalk] what comes with Yaesu 2800 rotor ???

To: "'Charles Harpole'" <>, "'towertalk towertalk'" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] what comes with Yaesu 2800 rotor ???
From: "Mike & Becca Krzystyniak" <>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 13:31:13 -0500

   I recently bought a spare G-2800DXA from Yaesu as a spare.  In outward
appearance it looks the same as the SDX. The DXA manual is on the
Yaesu-Vertex site.  The rotor package comes complete with 40M (~130') of
cable and connectors for each end.  All the hardware is painted (or maybe
its powder coat).  I do not recall any stainless.

   I think the SDX was an older discontinued model.  I am using a SDX with a
Mosley Pro67C3.  Although not a long boom antenna it is very heavy and along
with a couple thrust bearings this rotor yawns when it turns.  The only
weakness I had was it slipped at the mast clamp in a wind storm. So I went
back and added the infameous 5th bolt essentially pinning the rotor brackets
to the mast.  No more slips...

73's Mike K9MK