[TowerTalk] Checking/lubricating pulleys on HDX-5106

Subject: [TowerTalk] Checking/lubricating pulleys on HDX-5106
From: "Rick Karlquist" <>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2011 18:37:41 -0700
Several weeks ago I reported hearing popping noises when
raising my tower, apparently due to the cables or pulleys.
I now have it tilted over.  The cables look fine, but I am
going to apply Prelube 6 to them.  The pulley's look fine,
but there is no way to really test the bearings since they
are under tension.  From reading TT archives, it appears that
it would be a huge project to detension the cables just so
I could spin the pulleys.  Can I lubricate them in place?
With Prelube 6 or "3 in 1" oil?  Any suggestions?

Rick N6RK