[TowerTalk] cheap control cable

Subject: [TowerTalk] cheap control cable
From: "Jack C. Shutt" <>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 13:46:46 +0000 (UTC)
I recently found some CAT-5, 4 pair (8 conductor #24 AWG) cable at Menard's for
$24.99 for a 500' roll.  In view of the high cost of copper these days, I
thought this was quite a bargain.  I purchased a couple of rolls and I'm using
it for remote antenna switch control cable.  Works great for control cables for
remote switching and tuners, etc.  They also have sprinkler cable which is 7
conductor # 18 gauge for $26.95 for a 100' roll.  That stuff might even work
for short rotor cable runs, but you might have to provide an additional
conductor :-).  I imagine that Home Depot and Lowes have similar offerings.
73,  Jack, W9GT