Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 100, Issue 27, Sealed container ne

To: <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 100, Issue 27, Sealed container needed for tuner
From: "Terry G. Glagowski" <>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 20:00:50 -0400
The TUPPERWARE containers lasted about 2 years at my QTH, then they got brittle
and cracked apart... but for $9 was a good try!
The grey plastic electrical boxes available at Lowes / Home Depot for about $25
might be a good bet...
They come with a rubber seal around the edges of a lid that screws on tight...
BUT... you need to put an opening for the cables... suggest you simply cut a
hole in the BOTTOM...
Perhaps glue a PVC pipe section into the hole if you want more than that...
Tightly sealed containers can lead to pressure differences with temperature and
barometric changes, and a hole lets the water from condensation OUT!

Last summer, I replaced all the TUPPERWARE boxes that surrounded junction points
at the base of towers, and installed these boxes around coax switches that were
out in the weather for 5 years...  If the tuner fits in it OK, you will probably
have a good choice there...

Terry / W1TR

From: chas <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Sealed container needed for tuner
To: towertalk <>

I want to mount an SGC-239 tuner on the tower below a vertical.  but I need a UV
proof, sealed, water tight container that I can put the tuner inside - and then
put that tuner in a tupperware? into another container if it can be
found.   And all of this as cheap as possible.

I think that NMEA cases are just too expensive but that might have to be the end

chas k5dam