Re: [TowerTalk] FW: "F" CONNECTORS

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] FW: "F" CONNECTORS
From: K8RI on TT <k8ri-on-towertalk@tm.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 23:18:04 -0400
On 4/15/2011 9:26 PM, Edwin Karl wrote:
> Local TV installer parts supply company has "F" connectors made for
> outside, little grease in the part
> that catches the shield/ jacket. Rubber washer inside about 10 cents
> each in lots of 100. Radio
> Shack on the other hand has 2 for $4, you pays your monay and takes your
> choice.. Crimper maybe
> $10 as I remember (but I'm a senior so not sure about memory)

Try Lowe's and Home Depot where they have them in lots of 50 or 100 and
maybe 25. Think they run about 50 or 60 cents each at that many.   Tools
are not difficult to make for the mechanically inclined. Impossible for
others.
Tools vary in cost over a wide range. of up to $50 UD or more.  Note too
that not all tools work with all compression fittings.  Many are
available at less than the price of a small soldering gun.

The local cable company (and I) use connectors that have a gasket, but
are dry. No we don't use the same kind.
Many hams now have at least one or more.  I have two types, just as I
have two types of coax connector crimpers and two for F connectors  and
three of spade lugs.<:-)) Some are far better than others and invariable
my first purchase was not the best.

73

Roger (K8RI)