Re: [TowerTalk] grounding quesitons: Ufer, strap, exothermic welds

To: Mat Eshpeter <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] grounding quesitons: Ufer, strap, exothermic welds
From: Robert Harmon <>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 08:19:36 -0700

Sounds like a very good ground system.  I have a question on one thing.
As part of your grounding system you mention connecting to the rebar.  I assume
this is the rebar cage that
will be cast in the concrete base.  I think this is a no,no.  A lightning
strike can
conduct thru the rebar and crack the concrete.