Re: [TowerTalk] Inverted V for 160/80 on the same feedline

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Inverted V for 160/80 on the same feedline
From: Hank Garretson <w6sx@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 22:04:26 +0000
One ham's experience.

I have a center-fed eighty-meter dipole forty-six feet high. At right angles
to the dipole I have forty- and twenty-meter parallel inverted-vees fed with
the same feedline as the eighty-meter dipole. The inverted-vees are made
from poly ladder line with one wire extending about thirty-two feet and the
other wire trimmed to about sixteen feet. Separation between the wires is
about 0.8 inches. Starting long, it was not hard to trim the elements to
give CW-band bandwidth on eighty, forty, twenty, and fifteen. The
inverted-vees did not noticeably affect the eighty-meter dipole. I'm a happy
camper.

My advice. Put something up and try it. It's ham radio, not rocket science.
Poly ladder line for the inverted-vee elements is an easy way to go.

Ski Exuberantly ,

Hank, W6SX

Mammoth Lakes, California

Elevation 8083 feet in John Muir's Range of Light