[TowerTalk] Hammers and Toilet Seats

Subject: [TowerTalk] Hammers and Toilet Seats
From: Warrenwolff <>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 13:23:25 -0400 (EDT)
The truth of the matter is that the various, old
"high priced" military purchases were precipitated
by the over application of Mil-STD-810B (I think)
which imposed ridiculous testing on the particular items being
purchased.      For example, if certain tests were not
excluded in the purchase agreement/contract, an
item might be unnecessarily subjected to high altitude
performance or salt water incursion.  Of course, the
supplier would then charge for testing to verify compliance
to that portion of MIL-STD-810B.  As a result of this
irresponsible contracting, we "tailored" all applications
of this MIL_STD to insure no future stupid and unnecessary
tests were included in our contracts.

Warren; W7WY