[TowerTalk] Antennas for 80m

Subject: [TowerTalk] Antennas for 80m
From: Charlie Gallo <>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2011 05:20:31 -0400
Hi Gang,
More questions for the shack rebuild

As you saw from my previous posts, I have 10-40m covered fairly well (well,
except 30m - and no real interest there)

The issue is 80m

As I said before, I have a SMALL NYC lot (42x98), with the house set in the
middle, and NOTHING for support in the front - I probably have a MAX length of
50 ft if I go diagonally across the back yard

Right now I have an old TV Evans 17/80 trapped dipole up for 80m, and it barely
fits (when the new antennas go up, I'll be able to raise that - a LOT, but
it'll still be low and short)

The question is - what to do for 80m?

I COULD put up say an HF2V, but the radial field will be all in one direction,
and a friend who has one says the noise here in NYC is insane (and it would
have to wait till the new driveway would go in - the radials will go under the
new driveway)

Anyone have other ideas?  Is the HF2V the way to go in my situation?

73 de KG2V - Charles Gallo
Quality Custom Machine-shop work for the radio amateur (sm)

My Website: