Re: [TowerTalk] Antennas for 80m

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antennas for 80m
From: Steve Hunt <>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2011 16:48:34 +0100
Looks like you would have plenty of room for an 80m Inverted-L with the
vertical section at the far end of the yard away from the house and the
horizontal section running back towards a tie-off point on the house. Of
course, you would need to get some radials down.

You even have enough horizontal length to make it slightly longer than a
1/4 wave - that would raise the radiation resistance and improve the
efficiency if your radial system is not great. A fixed matching network
at the feedpoint would fix the VSWR on the coax back to the shack.

Steve G3TXQ