Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna/Tower Legal Issues

To: "Clint Talmadge W5CPT" <w5cpt@bellsouth.net>, "'Charles Coldwell'" <coldwell@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna/Tower Legal Issues
From: "Jerry Muller" <k0tv@k0tv.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 12:36:21 -0400
I hope you're not referring to Marchand v. Hudson (the NH Supreme Court
decision that protects hams).

Currently the only NH case law is Marchand. That case was my case and I have
three 90 foot R-45 towers because of it. It's been used in several other
jurisdictions.

A bit about how case law works. A state supreme court isn't binding outside
the state but can be quoted outside the state. The NH Supreme Court did
reference Pentel (a US Circuit Court ruling) that didn't apply in NH. They
used it as a foundation for my ruling.

The California Supreme Court didn't however hear the case and issue an
opinion so there's no precedent there. If they had heard the case and issued
an  opinion, it would be different.

Although I'm not a lawyer, I've been through it first hand.

Jerry - K0TV
Not a real zero, I just play one on K0TV