[TowerTalk] Rotator mast mount

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotator mast mount
From: Guy Molinari <>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 04:25:46 +0000
Anyone have any recommendations for mounting a Ham IV atop a 2" mast section.
 I'm building a standoff mount on one of my towers for a 3 element SteppIR.
I've got some 2" angle iron that I'm going to bolt in place of 2 sets of steps
on my AB-105 tower.   This will allow for about a 4' piece of mast held about
10-12" from the tower.
Now I just need to track down a mount for the Ham IV.   I should get about 100
degrees or so of azimuth.   Together with the 180 feature of the SteppIR it
should do the trick for JA/CA mults and for keeping the US off my QRG when I've
got the big boys pointed at EU.
Any thoughts?
Guy, N7ZG