[TowerTalk] New Antennas

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] New Antennas
From: Charlie Gallo <Charlie@TheGallos.com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 23:49:04 -0400
Well, today was the day, John W2GD and Bill W2RQ, along with Pete, W2IRT came
and installed my rooftop Glen Martin and 2 antennas, a C3SS to cover 10, 15 and
20 (and yes, it DOES tune 17m with a tuner - have not tried 12), and a D140 for
40m

They did a quick, and nice job, but do to nightfall, the ground level 'stuff"
(and some low ladder level) still need to be done, but I'll take care of that
myself

_I_ messed up, and gave John a wrong heading for True North (about 10-15
off)but I guess that's what the calibrate knob is for, eh? (I guess the owl
will be upset)

The signal level, never mind the NOISE level difference between my previous
DX-EE is amazing Note, I have NOT gone over to 40m yet, but that's partly
because I'm working with a jumper from where the remote antenna  switch WILL
be, and the shack - just used a 100 ft length of RG-8X I use for ARES work

Worked my first station (LZ2HQ) with a real solid S9 on my side, and the noise
floor went down too.

John (along with Bill) are WELL worth the rate the charge - now till wait till
the weekend to get the rest of the Misc stuff down (and go pick up my new
(used) amp)

See you in the pileups

Charlie

--
73 de KG2V - Charles Gallo
Quality Custom Machine-shop work for the radio amateur (sm)

My Website: http://www.thegallos.com