Re: [TowerTalk] Another Ground Radial Question

To: Kshaddrick <kshaddrick@jetup.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Another Ground Radial Question
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 14:30:37 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

-----Original Message-----

If you have overlapping radial systems, inevitably, there's going to be some
coupling between them (whether they are insulated or not, or buried or not, or
elevated or not).  As such, the "other antenna" becomes a part of the antenna
system, and might have an effect on things like feedpoint impedance and pattern.

People who are building phased arrays, especially using some of the ad-hoc feed
schemes that are very sensitive to mutual impedances, might notice changes in
system performance as the coupling varies (e.g. as soil moisture changes).