To: "" <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] SWR THROUGH THE ROOF
From: "Dale M. Schwartz" <>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 18:21:04 +0000
After a storm here in Atlanta, my normal very low SWR on my 3 el. SteppIR went
up to above 5:1 on all bands and I had to use a tuner to get out at all. All
SteppIR tests were normal, so I suspected a feedline or coax connector problem.
     Today I discovered a burned out cartridge in my Alpha Delta TRANSITRAP
static discharge/ lightening protectors on two antennas (the SteppIR and an 80
meter dipole).  Removed the cartridges and all work well agn. Ordered new
cartridges. I guess the arrestors worked as advertised <g>.
            DALE     K4ROZ