Re: [TowerTalk] Damaged Cushcraft

To: "'Adam Shirley WJ4X'" <wj4x@amsat.org>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Damaged Cushcraft
From: "Bill Parry" <bparry@rgv.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 16:15:25 -0500
I have had mixed results with getting parts from Cushcraft. I'm not sure
what the problem is.  I had a lightning strike on my XM240 and had to order
a couple of different things from them. I called and ordered a balun and
four loading coils and got them within a week...outstanding service. Then I
ordered the little capacity hats. I expected them to come quickly and after
waiting three weeks I called again and was told that they had lost the order
and they would send it out.  Waited another three weeks called back and they
said that they had the address wrong. A third time and no order and The guys
wasn't there but they said would call back, never did. Fourth call and still
not luck. Two months now. Called again and he said they were having shipping
problems and he said that he would ship over night no charge.  They arrived
the next day.  Go figure. The fellow was always apologetic and helpful!  Go
figure.  I have no idea what was going on.

Bill W5VX