Re: [TowerTalk] Lightning arrestor in towers

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lightning arrestor in towers
From: K8RI on TT <>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 00:45:36 -0400
On 6/20/2011 3:41 PM, John Becker wrote:
>> Also bond all of
>> your cables at the top and bottom of the tower.
>> 73
>> Gary  K4FMX
> What is the best way to do this and still keep water out of the cable?
There are kits which can easily be copied, or you can use bulkhead
connectors.  I use a trrip of 1 1/4" X 1/8" Aluminum angle drilled for
the bulkhead connectors and bracketed to two tower legs using saddle clamps.

The grounding kits are a bit more efficient at the grounding but more
work to install.  They offer a nice transition to the tower leg without
a bunch of angles and do not add a pair of potential leak points like
connectors would do. Of course they take more work to seal to prevent
leakage into the shield.

Roger (K8RI)