[TowerTalk] Probably stupid coax question

Subject: [TowerTalk] Probably stupid coax question
From: jim feldman <>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 14:26:37 -0700
I was helping another ham put connectors on some jumpers he wanted made up.
 The jumpers were an interesting cable that appeared to have a semi
air dielectric and a very hefty center conductor made from stranded copper.
 The jacket said "9096 ExtraFlex".  Anyway, I tied UHF connectors from 3
different sources and none would pass the center conductor.  Not even close.
 Same connectors work fine with RG-213, RG8, and lmr400.  I called a vendor
who sells this coax ( and they said I might have to snip a
few strands to make it work. Is this common practice?  I had a heck of a
time finding the PL-259 pin ID spec to validate the connectors I have.  Is
their a vendor who's PL-259 will pass the 9.5AWG center conductor
of this cable?