[TowerTalk] Yaesu G1000 connector and US Tower TMM 541SS

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G1000 connector and US Tower TMM 541SS
From: Paul Dluehosh <n4pd@ieee.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 21:17:33 -0400
I have installed a US Tower TMM 541SS (5 section telescoping tower) and
have put a Yaesu G-1000 rotor in the top section. The rotor fits in the
top section of the tower with the exception that the keyed 7-pin
connector which plugs into the side of the bottom half of the rotor has
a shell which is long enough so that when the top section of the tower
is being collapsed into the next section of the tower (when cranking it
down), the shell hits the strut on the next section. Collapsing the
tower any further would snap off the shell or the connector and possibly
also damage the jack in the side of the rotor.

So, my question is, does anyone know who the manufacturer of the
connector is and what the part number might be so I could find a similar
connector with at right angle shell? The connector is keyed and the
right angle shell would have to go horizontally to the right to fit
inside the struts of the second section from the top so that it would
not break off.

Any clues are welcome!

Thanks, 73,
Paul -- N4PD