Re: [TowerTalk] antenna

To: <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] antenna
From: <>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 20:44:54 -0400
You description is too vague for anyone to give you pricing advice.  Telrex
was a high end antenna company, however the designs are old and the antenna
probably has little value.  I have never heard of the "Super Mini Beam".   I
am not sure if Telrex ever produced a crank-up tower, perhaps it's a Triex?
The tower may have some value, but you would have to post a picture of it
for further evaluation.  If you had a Telrex Big Bertha, you would have some
serious interest, but that does not match your description.  Be careful if
you are attempting to remove this antenna system!

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] antenna
From: "bizpa2004" <>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 15:47:03 -0400

please pardon the intrusion, but we are selling a 60 ft telrex antenna that
installed about 40 years ago.   it belonged to my father-in-law who was ''on
the band'' for over 50 years.

from his son who helped install it:

Thank you for the email. The Antenna on the tower is a Tel-rex 20 meter
Mini Beam.  The tower is a Tel-rex crank up / crank down / Tilt over.  I
it is at least 50 feet of tower and 60 feet to the tip of the mast. Dad
to get a full wave length above the ground. The tower base in "packed sand"
know because I helped put it in)I think it goes down four to six feet.
forget that it also has a "house brace".

can you possibly give us an idea as to its worth?  we would greatly

regards, dan

not a ham operator.  it has has a new motor, still in box.