[TowerTalk] 40/80M Vertical choice

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40/80M Vertical choice
From: "Clint Talmadge W5CPT" <>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 14:56:38 -0500
I have decided to replace my makeshift 40/80M vertical with a store bought
model and have narrowed the choices to two: The Butternut HF2V and the
Cushcraft MA8040V.

Facts & Figures:

                            HF2V                      MA8040V

Price                    $270                       $265

Height                     32'                          23'

Weight                    13#                         9#

I have the remnants of a well-used HF6V which is the basis for my present
antenna so I am familiar with how the Butternuts go together, but the manual
for the Cushcraft seems pretty straight forward.

What have I not considered?

Clint Talmadge - W5CPT